Summer 2018 activities recap
Here's a recap of the community activities organized by the Barcelona GSE and alumni community during July and August:
Class of 2018 Graduation Ceremony | July 9
Congratulations and welcome to our new Barcelona GSE Alumni! Full ceremony recap, videos and photos here.
Summer Soiree in Brussels | July 18
Organizer: Nuno Almeida (Competition '12), Alumni Regional Ambassador in Brussels
Summer Meeting in Madrid | July 18
Organizer: Isaac Re (ITFD '15), Alumni Regional Ambassador in Madrid
Celebrating the Madrid alumni chapter's one year anniversary! During this first year, the chapter organized 4 events with more than 50 alumni, and they hope to increase this number in their second year.
Rooftop Drinks in New York | July 19
Organizers: Taylor Tackett (Finance '17) and Luis Mateo (Finance '09), Alumni Regional Ambassadors in NYC
Thanks to Luis for getting the NYC chapter off the ground! We wish him the best of luck as he heads back across the pond for his next professional adventure.
Pre-departure Event in Lima | August 2
Organizers: Gabriela López (Competition '10), Eva Flores (EPP '16) and José Carlos Aguilar (Economics '12), Alumni Regional Ambassadors in Lima
Alumni got together to wish "bon viatge" to the new students heading to Barcelona this September.
Vermouth in Barcelona | August 28
Organizers: Daniele Alimonti '16 (EPP '16), Ilaria Vigo (EPP '16), Thomas Woiczyk (Economics '14), Alumni Regional Ambassadors in Barcelona
Alumni living in the Barcelona area cooled off with some delicious local refreshments in Poblenou.
Upcoming Barcelona GSE community events...
- Sep 3 in Barcelona: Orientation for new Master's students at Ciutadella Campus
- Sep 8 in London: Beach volleyball and drinks
- Sep 25 in Barcelona: Welcome Day for new Master's students at Bellaterra Campus
- Sep 25 in Barcelona: Alumni Standup Paddle in the Moonlight
- Oct 5 in Barcelona: "Rethinking Growth: The Schumpeterian Perspective" - Barcelona GSE Lecture by Philippe Aghion (College de France and at the London School of Economics)